Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieve deleted notes

How can I retrieve deleted notes from the note app

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 7:42 PM

A note deleted on the iPhone should be in the Deleted Notes folder, unless they were deleted more than 30 days ago. Otherwise, the only way to recover deleted notes is to restore the iPhone to a backup that was made while the notes were on the phone. The only difference would be if the Notes were being synced/saved in iCloud. If that is the case, then log into iCloud on the computer and see if they exist there, or if you can recover them there.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 7:42 PM in response to abates23

A note deleted on the iPhone should be in the Deleted Notes folder, unless they were deleted more than 30 days ago. Otherwise, the only way to recover deleted notes is to restore the iPhone to a backup that was made while the notes were on the phone. The only difference would be if the Notes were being synced/saved in iCloud. If that is the case, then log into iCloud on the computer and see if they exist there, or if you can recover them there.

Mar 19, 2018 9:53 AM in response to abates23

No one mentioned they could be in iTunes backup. Do you recall backing up your iOS device with the note you need on it? You should probably check it, as iTunes sometimes backs up during sync. So you could have one, without even realising it. You can check this by launching iTunes > Preferences > Devices. If there is an entry listing your device name and the date of the backup looks promising, you can restore it. Note that if you restore your backup, you will lose some of your more recent data, data which is not synced in iCloud especially.

If you’re sure the note is there, and restoring whole device for the sake of one note is too impractical, let me know. I think I can help here.

Retrieve deleted notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.