Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Broken trackpad-MacBook Pro 2012

My trackpad is cracked. It’s still functions with a tap click. The problem is I cannot restart my computer because I cannot click my ID. Is there a keyboard shortcut to click on my icon so I can enter my password to start up my computer?

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

You could try plugging in a mouse to your computer and use that instead of the trackpad. Short of that, you may want to see about getting your trackpad fixed. (Note: A mouse will probably cost less than repairing the trackpad, if you so choose to do so.)

You might also want to try, if you can:

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 5:57 PM in response to MSColvin In response to MSColvin

You could try just starting to type the first letter of the account name. I do that sometimes instead of clicking when I'm on my iMac with multiple accounts. Once the box around the name is highlighted, click enter and you should be able to type your password and restart.

Mar 17, 2018 5:57 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 17, 2018 6:32 PM in response to MSColvin In response to MSColvin

You could try plugging in a mouse to your computer and use that instead of the trackpad. Short of that, you may want to see about getting your trackpad fixed. (Note: A mouse will probably cost less than repairing the trackpad, if you so choose to do so.)

You might also want to try, if you can:

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Mar 17, 2018 6:32 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: MSColvin

Question: Broken trackpad-MacBook Pro 2012