Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: Is it safe to download the latest version of iTunes?

Whenever I open iTunes a message pops up asking me if I want to download the latest version of iTunes. After the most recent fiasco that resulted in not being able to burn a playlist to a CD and then having to return to an "older version" I'm hesitant to load the latest version.

Has the problem been addressed or should I continue ignoring the latest version?

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:32 PM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2018 6:21 PM in response to UB12

There was a general issue burning CDs with iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows at anything over 2x speed.

iTunes 12.7.3.46 for Windows appears to burn CDs normally at full speed and with mixed formats.

It can be downloaded from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. Some regional sites may supply an older version.

When burning or printing use the right-click context menu on the playlist in the sidebar. File > Burn Playlist to Disc still seems to be unreliable and may attempt to burn the wrong list.

Other reports suggest that 12.7.3.46 doesn't handle CD Text correctly or is unable to burn a full 80 min CD. You might want to go back to 12.7.1.14 for now if either of those cause a problem for you. See the iTunes installers section of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for download links, direct from Apple, and instructions on removing the current build before you reinstall. In this instance you don't need to restore an older version of the database.

tt2

Re: Is it safe to download the latest version of iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.