Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: remove/add contact from group message iOS 10

Not everyone in the group has iOS. I need to be about to edit the group. Is there a creative workaround for this yet? Creating a group in Contacts on my Mac but I cant seem to send a message to a group! Help!

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 18, 2018 11:54 AM in response to Kyreeone In response to Kyreeone

Good afternoon Kyreeone,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
I understand you are having trouble creating a group in the Messages app on your iPhone. The resource below explains how to work with the various group types. As you have discovered, you can't add or remove people from group unless they are all on iOS. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.
Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Group MMS

These messages appear in green text bubbles and go through your carrier instead of Apple

Group SMS

These messages also appear in green text bubbles and go through your carrier. Group SMS messages don’t support multimedia attachments, like photos or videos. All responses in a Group SMS are sent as individual text messages and the recipients can’t see the other responses from the group.

Add or remove someone from a group conversation

Anyone in a group iMessage can add or remove someone from the conversation. You can remove a person from a group iMessage that has at least three other people.
You can’t add or remove people from group MMS messages or group SMS messages.

Since you have already created a group in the Contacts app on your Mac, the only solution I can think of is to send email messages to this group instead of text messages.
Take care.

Mar 18, 2018 11:54 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Kyreeone

Question: remove/add contact from group message iOS 10