Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera restriction issue

I set a camera restriction when I bought my iPad Air Years ago and I’ve forgotten my passcode. I backed up my iPad thinking I could just restore to new. When I went to restore it brought up the camera restrictions passcode screen. I have no idea what to do now but I want my camera back. Ideas appercated! Thank you.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 12:37 AM

How did you 'restore to new' ? Restoring to a backup that was taken when the restriction was on the iPad won't remove it, you either need to restore to a backup that was taken when the code wasn't on the iPad, or reset the iPad back to factory defaults (for both, first copy off anything that you want to keep) - to reset it back to factory defaults you may need to use recovery mode, there are instructions for doing that half-way down this page : If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 12:37 AM in response to jasonfromellsworth

How did you 'restore to new' ? Restoring to a backup that was taken when the restriction was on the iPad won't remove it, you either need to restore to a backup that was taken when the code wasn't on the iPad, or reset the iPad back to factory defaults (for both, first copy off anything that you want to keep) - to reset it back to factory defaults you may need to use recovery mode, there are instructions for doing that half-way down this page : If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Camera restriction issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.