Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I'm trying to update my YouTube app, and it's asking me for password to my wife's iCloud. Why? It's my account on my phone.

I have no problem using my own iCloud password in settings.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Being asked for her account's password for the update means that her iTunes account downloaded the app (the account that's currently logged into the store on the phone doesn't matter, and the iCloud account is irrelevant). If you want the app linked to your account delete it and download it on your account

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 18, 2018 12:44 AM in response to Noneofthesenameswork In response to Noneofthesenameswork

Being asked for her account's password for the update means that her iTunes account downloaded the app (the account that's currently logged into the store on the phone doesn't matter, and the iCloud account is irrelevant). If you want the app linked to your account delete it and download it on your account

Mar 18, 2018 12:44 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Noneofthesenameswork

Question: I'm trying to update my YouTube app, and it's asking me for password to my wife's iCloud. Why? It's my account on my phone.