Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my Ipod Classic worth getting a new battery installed ?

I have a Ipod 80Gb Classic. It will not hold a charge. Is it worth getting a new battery installed by Apple ?

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 7:20 PM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2018 4:42 AM in response to retff31

In reality, the only person who can answer that is you and that will probably depend on whether you are prepared to pay the cost of battery replacement, and also whether you think the hard drive will last long enough to make that cost worthwhile.

My own Classic had a hard drive failure and I've seen a few posts here with the same issue. I decided that it wasn't worth my replacing the hard drive, in case the battery then failed as well. I took the plunge and purchased an iPod Touch to replace it.

Mar 18, 2018 5:18 AM in response to the fiend

Thank you for your response to my question. You’re exactly right, but for one quick moment, I thought it would be great to have the old “Classic” up and running. It had been working ok when the battery quit holding a charge. I do have two “Nano” units that work great. I guess I’ll pass on this one and once again, thank you for your help.

Is my Ipod Classic worth getting a new battery installed ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.