Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I started a reset of my watch today, but my watch did not complete it. Now, I can't finish the reset

I bought a new iphone today. I did not unpair it before I traded in my old phone. This afternoon, I tried to reset my watch to the factory settings. The process did not complete. Now, I can't get it to restart the process of resetting.

Apple Watch, null

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 6:29 PM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2018 4:35 PM in response to mekinney922

Hi mekinney922,

Congratulations on your new iPhone! I understand that you did not unpair your Apple Watch before trading in your old iPhone, and now you're having some issues setting it up with your new device. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Check out the relevant sections of the following article that I've highlighted for you:

Switch your Apple Watch to a new iPhone - Apple Support

What if I didn’t unpair my Apple Watch before setting up my new iPhone?

Your Apple Watch might still be paired with your old iPhone. Use the steps below to pair your devices.

If you don't have your old iPhone or a backup

You should erase your Apple Watch, then pair it with your new iPhone. If you’re asked to restore from a watch backup, select the most recent backup. You will lose Activity, Workouts, or settings on your watch that changed between the last backup and now.

Without an iPhone backup, you’ll need to set up your Apple Watch as new. You will lose any previous Activity, Workouts, or settings, but your other content will sync from the new iPhone to your Apple Watch.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

I started a reset of my watch today, but my watch did not complete it. Now, I can't finish the reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.