Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

received a popup on my computer saying apple id and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new phone. what does this mean?

I received a popup saying ?Your apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone. If you recently signed into "Elena's iPhone" you can ignore this notification. Then has OK button.

I have not signed into a new iPhone

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 9:46 PM

So, is your iPhone's name "Elena's Phone"? Did you recently sign out of iCloud? Or did you add a new number to Send & Receive? Did you do any sort of sign-in anywhere?

If you didn't, then you may want to take a look at this support article to see if you think it applies to you:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you added a new device or signed in and out of Messages or FaceTime in the last 24 hours, even, you could be getting that message. Sometimes it takes a while for the process to go through the Activation Servers. Or, if you were not getting a good internet reception it might be a delayed notification.

If it seems nefarious, then pursue it by taking the steps in the link, but if it might just be a delayed response to an action that you actually did take, then you are fine.

Cheers,

GB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 9:46 PM in response to elenafromalbuquerque

So, is your iPhone's name "Elena's Phone"? Did you recently sign out of iCloud? Or did you add a new number to Send & Receive? Did you do any sort of sign-in anywhere?

If you didn't, then you may want to take a look at this support article to see if you think it applies to you:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you added a new device or signed in and out of Messages or FaceTime in the last 24 hours, even, you could be getting that message. Sometimes it takes a while for the process to go through the Activation Servers. Or, if you were not getting a good internet reception it might be a delayed notification.

If it seems nefarious, then pursue it by taking the steps in the link, but if it might just be a delayed response to an action that you actually did take, then you are fine.

Cheers,

GB

received a popup on my computer saying apple id and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new phone. what does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.