Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 10.5 inches stop charging at 96% after IOS 11.12.6

After updated to IOS 11.12.6, my iPad Pro 10.5 inches stop charging at 96% when plugged in with iPad turned on. To get it to charge to 100%, I have to trun off iPad Pro and turnit on, then start charging, or I have to plug in and turn mu iPad Pro off, leaving it to charge for many hours.

Bith are opnot convenient. This problem start with 11.12.6. How can I fix this? I have searcgh through the Inrpternet and found other people experience this problem as well.

I use genuine Apple charger and canle and connection is fine. I think this is IOs bug?

How do I fix this? Is it the hardware problem?

Help please

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 6:09 AM

After charging with iPad Pro turned on stuck at 96% for a long time, it will stop charging, and battery symbol on the menu bar will turn to whait, not charging status.

So, I proceed to reboot my iPad, and after reboot, the percentage of battery shown reduced to 93%,and it start charging with iPad turned on from 93% right to 100% without problem, and pretty fast as normal.

Since my iZpsd pro is less than 9 months old,and this problem never occur before 11.12.6, I am confident that this is an IOS bug. I really don't know how to report this to Apple, and that is 2hyI post here, hop8ng Apple t3chvwill read and fix this annoying problem

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 6:09 AM in response to Purd

After charging with iPad Pro turned on stuck at 96% for a long time, it will stop charging, and battery symbol on the menu bar will turn to whait, not charging status.

So, I proceed to reboot my iPad, and after reboot, the percentage of battery shown reduced to 93%,and it start charging with iPad turned on from 93% right to 100% without problem, and pretty fast as normal.

Since my iZpsd pro is less than 9 months old,and this problem never occur before 11.12.6, I am confident that this is an IOS bug. I really don't know how to report this to Apple, and that is 2hyI post here, hop8ng Apple t3chvwill read and fix this annoying problem

Mar 18, 2018 6:30 AM in response to Purd

Repost to fix typing error

After charging with iPad Pro turned on stuck at 96% for a long time, it will stop charging, and battery symbol on the menu bar will turn to white, not charging status.

Since my iZpsd pro is less than 9 months old,and this problem never occur before 11.12.6, I am confident that this is an IOS bug. I really don't know how to report this to Apple, and that is why I post here, hoping Apple texch will read and fix this annoying problem,

Any expert and fellows here experience same prolem as I do? Please comment and advise please

iPad Pro 10.5 inches stop charging at 96% after IOS 11.12.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.