Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 days plus to back up iphone

My husband has never backed up his iphone. I'm upgrading him to a new one and so need to do a back up To restore from. So far the backup has been running for 22 hours and is saying it will take a day and 2 hours until back up is complete. The time keeps going up and the bar indicator has progressed very little. I'm backing up to iCloud but we have a pretty fast internet connection. Will it ever finish!?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:22 PM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2018 10:15 PM in response to reine239

How much is he backing up? Does the phone have a large capacity? What backup options did you select? All of these factors effect how long a backup is going to take. Especially an initial one. They can take quite a while. I would suggest that you check on the device occasionally to make sure it isn't waiting for some input from you, and then just let it go. If it is not complete after two full days, then you may want to start it over.

Do you know what the projected backup size was before you started? Are you certain you had enough iCloud space available for the backup?

Cheers,

GB

2 days plus to back up iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.