Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro frozen even after reboot

I have a MacBook Pro with Retina that is about 3 years old. About a week ago, I was on the computer one night and closed the computer and went to bed. The next day when I went to get on the computer, I opened it up and it let me type in my password but then the computer was completely frozen. I could not type anything or move my mouse. I held down the power button to force it to shut down, waited a few seconds then turned it back on. When I turned it back on, it was still completely frozen, I couldn’t type in my password or move my mouse. I turned it off and back on several times and nothing worked. I finally turned it off and left it off for about an hour. After about an hour, i turned it back on and it worked fine. In the past week, it has done this several times. The only thing I can think that each time has in common is when it happens, safari is open. It does not do it every time I close it and don’t exit out of safari though. It does seem that I have to leave it off longer each time it freezes.

Version: macOS 10.13.3

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:25 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 17, 2018 8:43 PM in response to torimarie18

Internet/Network Recovery of El Capitan or Later on a Clean Disk

Backup your disk drive before continuing.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the (Command-Option-R) keys until a globe appears.
  2. The Utility Menu will appear in from 5-20 minutes. Be patient.
  3. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  4. When Disk Utility loads select the drive (usually, the out-dented entry) from the side list.
  5. Click on the Erase tab in Disk Utility's main window. A panel will drop down.
  6. Set the partition scheme to GUID.
  7. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs only) or Mac OS Extended (Journaled.)
  8. Click on the Apply button, then click on the Done button when it activates.
  9. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  10. Select Reinstall OS X and click on the Continue button.

Note:

1. To install the version of OS X that was currently installed use Command-Option-R.

2. To install the original factory version when the computer was new use Command-Option-Shift-R.

MacBook Pro frozen even after reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.