Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage won't activate account?

For the past few months I can't seem to log in to my facetime or imessage, it keeps saying "An error occurred during activation. Please try again." I can't log in or out of the account I'm using.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 9:53 PM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2018 6:27 AM in response to yezabella

Message activation error

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID.Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Imessage won't activate account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.