Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini 2 battery acting up.

First, when unplugged from the charger, it seems to drain oddly fast. It charges at a normal speed, however, as far as I can tell.

Second, I spent a lot of time today playing a game with my iPad plugged into the charger. The battery remained at 100%. I got into bed and, planning to watch some videos on my original iPad Mini, I switch the charger over to that one. I glance at my iPad Mini 2, and in those few seconds, my battery has dropped to 97%, then I see it drop to 96%. I restarted the iPad, and the battery showed 64% and dropped down to 62% while charging! I restarted again and it stopped draining while charged, but this is concerning.

iPad

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 10:08 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 18, 2018 3:28 PM in response to SyberiaWinx

Hey SyberiaWinx,

It sounds like you have some concerns with the battery performance of your iPad mini 2. I'll be happy to help out, and make sure you're getting the most out of your battery.

Here's some great steps you can take to see what is taking up the most of your battery usage. You can also see the health of your battery. Check it out under "Battery Health" here:
iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

For help with maximizing battery life, check out "Tips for iOS Devices" here:
Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Cheers!

iPad Mini 2 battery acting up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.