Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked Account and Unauthorized Purchases

Last night I woke up to an e-mailed invoice from Apple for some games that were purchased - not by me.

I’ve changed all my passwords but will Apple reverse the charges?

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 1:19 AM

You are sure that it was a genuine emailed receipt, it contained your full billing address from your account and they show on the account's purchase history ? Phishing emails :

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

but will Apple reverse the charges?

If they do show on your purchase history have you contacted iTunes Support about them ?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 1:19 AM in response to thandi171

You are sure that it was a genuine emailed receipt, it contained your full billing address from your account and they show on the account's purchase history ? Phishing emails :

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

but will Apple reverse the charges?

If they do show on your purchase history have you contacted iTunes Support about them ?

Hacked Account and Unauthorized Purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.