Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Fragile charging cable

I have used apple products almost 8 years now and the main problem I have is that it’s charging cables need frequent replacement. However much Apple improves it self this issue seems to be not addressed. Does anyone know how to use it without getting break so frequently? It’s so friable and I really do not know how else I can save it.

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I think Apple community should suggest the company to reconsider its design .

You are one of the community, so here is where to do it. Product Feedback - Apple

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 18, 2018 3:47 AM in response to wajirafrommawanella In response to wajirafrommawanella

Hi,

Here is what I do. When finished charging, line up your forefinger, middle finger, and the one next to that (called medicine finger in Japanese) and wind the cable around them carefully so it is free of kinks. You end up with a nice elliptical shape which you can place in a small plastic case or ziplock. Voila!🙂

The first cable I had is kinky but since then they are all in good condition.

Regards.

Mar 18, 2018 3:56 AM in response to wajirafrommawanella In response to wajirafrommawanella

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything absolutely new ... but these cables are fine if they are not trailed over the floor so they are kicked and trodden on and then pulled out of the machine by the cable itself.

The correct way to remove them when charging is finished is to tip the metal contact upwards, so breaking the magnetic contact, then store the cable or disconnect it as meets your needs. I have two cables with two machines and neither shows any signs like you have described.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 18, 2018 3:47 AM in response to wajirafrommawanella In response to wajirafrommawanella

Hi,

Here is what I do. When finished charging, line up your forefinger, middle finger, and the one next to that (called medicine finger in Japanese) and wind the cable around them carefully so it is free of kinks. You end up with a nice elliptical shape which you can place in a small plastic case or ziplock. Voila!🙂

The first cable I had is kinky but since then they are all in good condition.

Regards.

Mar 18, 2018 3:47 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 18, 2018 3:56 AM in response to wajirafrommawanella In response to wajirafrommawanella

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything absolutely new ... but these cables are fine if they are not trailed over the floor so they are kicked and trodden on and then pulled out of the machine by the cable itself.

The correct way to remove them when charging is finished is to tip the metal contact upwards, so breaking the magnetic contact, then store the cable or disconnect it as meets your needs. I have two cables with two machines and neither shows any signs like you have described.

Mar 18, 2018 3:56 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 18, 2018 3:43 AM in response to Cunnla In response to Cunnla

Have tried that for a long time still the maximum duration it lasts may be one year: comparatively an extremely poor durability for such accessory . I think Apple community should suggest the company to reconsider its design .

Mar 18, 2018 3:43 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 18, 2018 3:49 AM in response to wajirafrommawanella In response to wajirafrommawanella

only cable I ever had break on me is the iphone5c which my wife used and disconnected by pulling the cable rather then the connector

I still have the cable that came with my 2007 iPod touch 16GB and it works

Mar 18, 2018 3:49 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 18, 2018 3:50 AM in response to seventy one In response to seventy one

Just picking up on your reply above. Are you sure you have always connected and disconnected the cable as I set out? I'm not sure that you have.

You can advise Apple via their feedback link ...

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Mar 18, 2018 3:50 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 18, 2018 4:03 AM in response to wajirafrommawanella In response to wajirafrommawanella

Good point about weather conditions. The cable should not fray away from the connection points. But if they are near, my points are valid. And yes, you should use feedback. Thank you for the star.

Mar 18, 2018 4:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: wajirafrommawanella

Question: Fragile charging cable