Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Disappearing albums on Mac

I spent most of yesterday organising my photos into albums only to find this morning when I opened up photos to find all my sorted albums had disappeared.

I still have my photos in the main folder but no albums.

I am beginning to find that iCloud and photos is a bit of a joke good job I still use google photos.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 18, 2018 5:13 AM in response to Alexander7893 In response to Alexander7893

I had this happen several times to my albums. And when that happened the disappears on all there Macs at the same time.

This error occurred, when I enabled iCloud Photo Library on an iOS device, that has not been using iCloud Photo Library but has previously been synced with iTunes (my iPad 3 with iOS 9, or my iPhone with iOS 10 or iOS 11).

Did you enable iCloud Photo Library on an iPhone or iPad,, after you created the albums?

To restore your albums, you could restore the Photos Library from your TimeMachine backup. if you made a backup, after you created the albums. But restoring the library from a backup will result in a new upload of the complete library to iCloud. It may take a very long time for a large library.

Alternately, you can try to restore the albums, by typing the name of one of the albums into the search field. Photos will probably remember the album and show all photos from that album. Then select all photos and use the command "File > New Album from selection". Do you remember the names of your albums?

Mar 18, 2018 5:13 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Alexander7893

Question: Disappearing albums on Mac