Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t receive SMS/verification code/OTP/TAC

Hi, I just got the new Iphone 8 plus, switching from Iphone 6s Plus.

When I switched my simcard to my new phone, I noticed SMS of Verification codes (including Apple Id) and several banking TAC are not coming in. I tried googling for solutions and found out that under Imessage and Facetime setting, it was waiting for activation and after 24hours it was unsuccessful. I tried turning them off and rebooting, and the same thing happened. I deleted my number from the Apple ID, and tried adding it again, only to find that to add number to my Apple ID, I would need to enter a verification code, which never came through sms. Please assist. I’ve sought the same help from twitter but received no reply.

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 8:14 AM

Hi weabida90,

I understand that your iPhone is not receiving verification codes via SMS for your Apple ID or any other services, and this has also prevented you from activating iMessage and FaceTime. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

First, I recommend that you update your carrier settings to make sure that your iPhone is updated according to your carrier:

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
If there is no update available or you continue having this issue, I recommend that you contact your carrier for additional support. You can find the contact information for many supported carriers in the resource below:
Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2018 8:14 AM in response to weabida90

Hi weabida90,

I understand that your iPhone is not receiving verification codes via SMS for your Apple ID or any other services, and this has also prevented you from activating iMessage and FaceTime. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

First, I recommend that you update your carrier settings to make sure that your iPhone is updated according to your carrier:

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
If there is no update available or you continue having this issue, I recommend that you contact your carrier for additional support. You can find the contact information for many supported carriers in the resource below:
Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Can’t receive SMS/verification code/OTP/TAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.