Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Playing Music Randomly

Hi, this question has been asked plenty of times without any useful help.

I have a new iPhone X and the problem persists (from my last two iPhones). Many times after I disconnect a call, iTunes (occasionally Spotify) starts playing a random song, loudly. This also happens when I jump in my car. I mostly use apple wired headphones at work.

I have 'asked Siri' to stop play. Does not work well. I have tried to disable iTunes (as suggested in one forum), does not work.

Someone needs to patch a fix on this fault or provide a solution.

Are there any other suggestions to help get rid of the problem, which is embarrassing, frustrating, irritating and annoying!

Thanks very much in advance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 8:56 PM

Hi,

Please try going through these steps, if none helped you please backup your phone to your computer then try a fresh install of iOS on your iPhone. If the later didn't help, it may be a hard fault.

Fix 1: Defaulty Headphones

If so the remote in the headphones is acting up. Is the problem occurring only when the Headphones are plugged in, If so the remote in the headphones is doing the action. If the controller of your phone is not in contact with anything and still you are seeing the issue it could be an internal fault in headphones? Suggest you to simply buying a new pair.

Fix2: Change App setting

It’s a Possible solution: Suggested App may result in opening the music app so better you try to Turn off "Suggested Apps". To turn off app suggestions, you can do this by going to Settings -> General -> Handoff -> turn off switch labelled "handoff" or 'Installed Apps'.

Fix 3: Delete Pandora App

If you are using Pandora app than this could be of very common reason for auto play of music in iphone. Try deleting the app if possible do it when automatic music is playing in your iphone 6. If the music stops it means it was Pandora app which was the cause.

Fix 4: Music library

Open the music app on your iphone. Open library in that at bottom left. On the top right of screen tap edit button,uncheck everything. Check if auto play music stopped.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 8:56 PM in response to petafromauckland

Hi,

Please try going through these steps, if none helped you please backup your phone to your computer then try a fresh install of iOS on your iPhone. If the later didn't help, it may be a hard fault.

Fix 1: Defaulty Headphones

If so the remote in the headphones is acting up. Is the problem occurring only when the Headphones are plugged in, If so the remote in the headphones is doing the action. If the controller of your phone is not in contact with anything and still you are seeing the issue it could be an internal fault in headphones? Suggest you to simply buying a new pair.

Fix2: Change App setting

It’s a Possible solution: Suggested App may result in opening the music app so better you try to Turn off "Suggested Apps". To turn off app suggestions, you can do this by going to Settings -> General -> Handoff -> turn off switch labelled "handoff" or 'Installed Apps'.

Fix 3: Delete Pandora App

If you are using Pandora app than this could be of very common reason for auto play of music in iphone. Try deleting the app if possible do it when automatic music is playing in your iphone 6. If the music stops it means it was Pandora app which was the cause.

Fix 4: Music library

Open the music app on your iphone. Open library in that at bottom left. On the top right of screen tap edit button,uncheck everything. Check if auto play music stopped.

iPhone Playing Music Randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.