Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an issue in a call setting I am trying to activate the call waiting and I can’t what I can do

I have an issue in a call setting I am trying to activate the call waiting and I can’t what I can do

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 5:45 AM

Call waiting is a carrier feature, you have to ask them.

See here:

Call forwarding, call waiting, and caller ID

Set up call forwarding, call waiting, or caller ID. (GSM) Go to Settings > Phone.

• Call Forwarding: "a phone icon" appears in the status bar when call forwarding is on. You must be in range of the cellular network when you set iPhone to forward calls, or calls won’t be forwarded.
  • Call Waiting: If you’re on a call and call waiting is turned off, incoming calls go directly to voicemail.
  • Caller ID: For FaceTime calls, your phone number is displayed even if caller ID is turned off.

For CDMA accounts, contact your carrier for information about enabling and using these features.

For more information, see the Apple Support article Call forwarding, call waiting, and other call features on iPhone.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2018 5:45 AM in response to islam186

Call waiting is a carrier feature, you have to ask them.

See here:

Call forwarding, call waiting, and caller ID

Set up call forwarding, call waiting, or caller ID. (GSM) Go to Settings > Phone.

• Call Forwarding: "a phone icon" appears in the status bar when call forwarding is on. You must be in range of the cellular network when you set iPhone to forward calls, or calls won’t be forwarded.
  • Call Waiting: If you’re on a call and call waiting is turned off, incoming calls go directly to voicemail.
  • Caller ID: For FaceTime calls, your phone number is displayed even if caller ID is turned off.

For CDMA accounts, contact your carrier for information about enabling and using these features.

For more information, see the Apple Support article Call forwarding, call waiting, and other call features on iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.