Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my student discount off a refurbish Mac?

I would like to know if the Student discount can be applied towards a refurbish MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 1:15 PM

No. They are already discounted.

8 replies

Mar 21, 2018 12:40 PM in response to leroydouglas

You always have the option to purchase the extended warranty anytime before the 1-yr warranty expires. After that you are on your own.

The change from older AppleCare to AppleCare+ for Macs is almost complete.

With this change, you have only 60 days from receipt to Opt-in and pay for AppleCare+ or it becomes unavailable to you:

Important notes

Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Mac. Or buy it within 60 days of your Mac purchase:

AppleCare - Mac - Apple

--------

I buy and use Apple-Refurbised devices whenever I can. They are in pristine condition, and pass all Hardware tests, and can be warranted the same as new with ONE small exception: If Dead-on-Arrival, they must be returned to the refurbished store -- they cannot be swapped for new at your local Apple Store.

Mar 21, 2018 2:11 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Grant Bennet-Alder wrote:

The change from older AppleCare to AppleCare+ for Macs is almost complete.

With this change, you have only 60 days from receipt to Opt-in and pay for AppleCare+ or it becomes unavailable to you:

Important notes Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Mac. Or buy it within 60 days of your Mac purchase:

AppleCare - Mac - Apple

Good to know Grant Bennet-Alder !

Mar 21, 2018 10:15 AM in response to Gerriperry

If you will not be able to afford to Repair that computer after you buy it, be sure to purchase AppleCare+

Portable computers operate on batteries, and are subjected to tremendous, multiple-G forces and temperature swings just being moved around normally. It puts a lot of stress on them, and they may break down.

Not having AppleCare+ could mean a BIG repair bill. The new AppleCare+ even includes screen replacement with a co-pay that is far less then the standard repair cost.

Mar 21, 2018 12:30 PM in response to Gerriperry

The refurbished macs carry the same 1-year warranty as any brand new mac. You always have the option to purchase the extended warranty anytime before the 1-yr warranty expires. After that you are on your own.

"Refurbished" can mean returns, opened boxes, discontinued items, and yes computers that had a problem and needed to be fixed for some reason. All the refurbished items go through the strict diagnostic protocol, repaired if necessarily before they are released. All refurbished computers are shipped in a generic brown box/ not the original packaging.

You can save up to ~$300-$400 . I never had a problem buying from the refurbished/clearance items.

As stated above no further discounts apply.

Can I use my student discount off a refurbish Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.