Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does apple music keep deleting songs I’ve downloaded for offline listening?

My apple music app keeps deleting my songs and playlists that I’ve downloaded to listen to offline.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Mar 20, 2018 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2018 3:59 AM

Hello Preemus,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are trying to listen to music while you are offline, but they are no longer there. This can happen if you have Optimize Storage turned on for Music. You'll want to check your settings and adjust accordingly. The following article has some information on this setting.

Delete songs and videos from your iCloud Music Library

Save space on your device

You can save space on your iOS device and automatically remove downloaded songs that you haven’t listened to recently.

1. Tap Settings > Music > Optimize Storage.
  2. Turn on Optimize Storage.

User uploaded file

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2018 3:59 AM in response to Preemus

Hello Preemus,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are trying to listen to music while you are offline, but they are no longer there. This can happen if you have Optimize Storage turned on for Music. You'll want to check your settings and adjust accordingly. The following article has some information on this setting.

Delete songs and videos from your iCloud Music Library

Save space on your device

You can save space on your iOS device and automatically remove downloaded songs that you haven’t listened to recently.

1. Tap Settings > Music > Optimize Storage.
  2. Turn on Optimize Storage.

User uploaded file

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Why does apple music keep deleting songs I’ve downloaded for offline listening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.