Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view full call history on iPhone?

When I look at the "Recents"-tab on my iPhone 5, I can see about 100 call entries. But when I delete a call an older call moves up. So, older calls must be stored somewhere. Is there a way to recover the call history without deleting calls?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 7:44 AM

jehona84 wrote:

When I look at the "Recents"-tab on my iPhone 5, I can see about 100 call entries. But when I delete a call an older call moves up. So, older calls must be stored somewhere. Is there a way to recover the call history without deleting calls?

No, but you can log in to your cellular provider's website and see the call history for at least 18 months. Many carriers go beyond, some up to 6 years. Many providers have an app that contains this information also. And the carrier's info is much more detailed than the "recents" tab, including time, duration and cost. The purpose of the "recents" tab is not to provide a view into your history; rather, it is a shortcut for making callbacks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2018 7:44 AM in response to jehona84

jehona84 wrote:

No, but you can log in to your cellular provider's website and see the call history for at least 18 months. Many carriers go beyond, some up to 6 years. Many providers have an app that contains this information also. And the carrier's info is much more detailed than the "recents" tab, including time, duration and cost. The purpose of the "recents" tab is not to provide a view into your history; rather, it is a shortcut for making callbacks.

How to view full call history on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.