Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iOS 9.5.3 On the ipad 2 still safe to work with?

Is it still safe to use onder model iPads ilke ipad 2 with iOS 9.5.3.?

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 11:37 AM

What do you mean by "safe"? I don't think there's any gaping holes in it that hackers are all rushing to get to. Maybe if you're storing all the credit card numbers for Visa you should be using something newer. If it's your holiday photos then… I'd say 99.99% of the security problems reported here are simple user fault like logging into a phishing site and giving away your password, or not using a passcode on your phone.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2018 11:37 AM in response to Boomski65

What do you mean by "safe"? I don't think there's any gaping holes in it that hackers are all rushing to get to. Maybe if you're storing all the credit card numbers for Visa you should be using something newer. If it's your holiday photos then… I'd say 99.99% of the security problems reported here are simple user fault like logging into a phishing site and giving away your password, or not using a passcode on your phone.

Mar 22, 2018 11:41 AM in response to Boomski65

Safari on iOS 9.3.5 has NOT been updated in nearly 2-1/2 years and, most likely, no longer safe and secure to use as a web browser.

I would move on to another iOS third party web browser that is still being updated and supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Here are a few third party web browsers that I know are STILL being updated and supported on iOS 9.

Perfect Web browser

iCab Mobile Web browser

Dolphin Web browser

Aloha Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Opera Web Browser

Good Luck to You!

Mar 22, 2018 12:28 PM in response to Boomski65

I am STILL using my iPad 2 and 3 models just fine.

My wife and I just are using third party web browsers that are still getting feature and security updates for iOS 9.3.5.

You can still use your iPad 2, no problem.

I am STILL getting regular and daily app updates for apps that still support iOS 9.3.5 and your iPad should, also, still be getting regular app updates, too!

All of the apps I have on my iPad 2 still work, function and interface with the newer versions of apps I regularly use on my 2-1/2 year old iPad Pro.

Unless you have apps that you need/use that you need newer versions of and can’t get any longer on your iPad 2, there is really no compelling reason not to keep using your iPad 2 unless you have the means to purchase a newer iPad model.

In that case, you CAN still use the iPad 2 as a second iPad and use the iPad 2 when you travel somewhere instead of taking a new, more expensive iPad with you!

My iPad 2 and 3 models are still running fine, no real issues, and we can still back these up an iCloud and/or iTunes on our Macs, so we are fine still using these.

I'll stop using my iPad 2 and 3 models when the app updates completely stop/end from app developers and/or these iPads totally die.

Is iOS 9.5.3 On the ipad 2 still safe to work with?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.