You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3...Why is my wrist hurting?

I got the new Apple 3 watch just a few days ago. My wrist starting hurting almost immediately after putting it on. The pain only subsideds when I remove it. I do not have any previous injuries. What is going on? The watch back must be putting off something that directly effects the human body. This can’t be good!!! APPLE you need to recall theses devices and correct this issue.

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 2:46 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2018 2:53 PM in response to jillemg

Do a search of the forum. There are a couple of long threads about this. Also take a look at this support document about wearing the Apple Watch, Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Not everyone can wear the watch, so people are allergic to the components, some find the shape of the watch doesn't work with them. For every person that finds it difficult to wear, there are thousands that experience no problems. You can contact a doctor to see if there is an issue with the way the device sits on your wrist. However, the Watch back is not, "putting off something that directly effects the human body."

And in response to this, "APPLE you need to recall theses devices and correct this issue." You are not addressing Apple here, this is a user to user support forum.

Mar 22, 2018 3:35 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for your response. I did see the other threads and added mine. It has nothing to do with the way I wear the watch. I have tried both arms and different bands. Unless you work for Apple and created or aided in the creation of the watch you can’t be sure about the watch. It obviously puts off radio waves, which clearly some people can be more sensitive to than others.

Either way I’m returning it. Thanks

Mar 22, 2018 3:38 PM in response to jillemg

You're welcome. Hopefully it is within the return period. However, as far as watch emissions, remember you are subjected to much higher concentrations of radio waves just walking in the plain air. If you have concerns, contact a physician as was recommended in the other threads. Many cannot wear the watch because of the design of the back.

Apple Watch 3...Why is my wrist hurting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.