Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this ‘Other’ in iphone storage?

What is this ‘Other’ in iphone storage? I am using iphone 6s 64 GB and now a days i am not able to use 90% storage space because of OTHER!! Could anyone help me to solve this..

attached screenshot of phone and itunes..

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 23, 2018 11:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 4:34 PM

"Other" is storage used for anything that is not explicitly listed. It's normally small; 500 MB to 1GB, depending on the capacity of the phone. If it is much larger than that it means there is data corruption in the phone's storage. This is most commonly caused by an interrupted sync. You can clear it by restoring iOS using iTunes on your computer, then restoring your backup (a backup is made automatically when you initiate a Restore, if you didn't back up manually).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2018 4:34 PM in response to varunfromdubai

"Other" is storage used for anything that is not explicitly listed. It's normally small; 500 MB to 1GB, depending on the capacity of the phone. If it is much larger than that it means there is data corruption in the phone's storage. This is most commonly caused by an interrupted sync. You can clear it by restoring iOS using iTunes on your computer, then restoring your backup (a backup is made automatically when you initiate a Restore, if you didn't back up manually).

What is this ‘Other’ in iphone storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.