Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best iPad drawing app for kids

Could anyone recommend a good children's drawing app, for creating pictures and designs on the iPad? My severely autistic 17-year old son currently uses Microsoft PowerPoint to create pictures and designs on the computer, and he would now like to do the same thing using an iPad. Any advice would be gratefully received! Thanks.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 4:20 AM

9 replies

Mar 24, 2018 4:31 AM in response to M3162

It's hard to recommend something like this without a little more info.

Does he use the Apple Pencil?

What is your son’s level of drawing proficiency?

It’s hard to recommend a drawing/painting/sketching app based on what little info you have given us about your son.

Are we talking about basic drawing/doodle apps for kids or drawing/sketching/paintings apps that have more tools and features?

The installed iOS Notes App has basic drawing/sketching tools with a limited color palette.

Mar 24, 2018 4:48 AM in response to MichelPM

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for not giving more information. My son has never used an Apple Pencil previously, although we have bought him one to use with his iPad Pro. He loves to draw 'cartoon-type' characters that he has created from his imagination, and he has an eye for great detail. He has created some wonderful designs on paper and (using PowerPoint) on the computer. He often inserts photographs downloaded from the Internet into his PowerPoint pictures. He taught himself how use to PowerPoint and uses functions that neither my wife nor I are aware of. He does use the 'Notes' app on the iPad Pro, and I'm just investigating whether there is anything else available that allows more elaborate pictures to be created, but is not excessively frustrating to use.

Best iPad drawing app for kids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.