Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing songs from my iTunes playlist after subscribing to Apple Music

Hi,

I've recently subscribed to apple music about 10 days ago, and have just noticed that my playlist are missing a lot of songs, some are empty, and some playlists are gone. These are playlist I created over the years before apple music...

I have deselected the "iCloud Music Library" in preferences, quit out of iTunes, and then relaunched iTunes, selected the "iCloud Music Library" back again (the song upload process to apple took 3 days with my slow internet) and I still have empty playlists, no change.

I have also repeated the steps but shutting down the computer as well, so basically deselected the "iCloud Music Library" in preferences, quit out of iTunes, restarted computer, relaunched iTunes, selected the "iCloud Music Library" in preferences again and no change, NADA...

While the playlists are disrupted all my music files seem to be intact, I hope, I do have well over 5000 songs in my library and it's hard to keep track of all…

Any other methods that can help?

Thanks

-m

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 6:35 PM

Hi,

Not smart playlists, manually created carefully selecting songs, drag and drop kind a process that takes time and love...

"So if some conditions do not work" I could assume mine is a lost cause...

As an example Latin music has many genres, but apple would classify most songs under "latin" or "world" music, I have manually changed and renamed genres in my library.

Some albums in my library come from digitizing CDs some very old ones, Jazz, Blues, not just Latin, and in many cases I actually had to manually input song and artist info.

My playlists have (had) a little of everything, songs purchased from apple, and others from CDs etc...

I have been using Spotify for years now, so if genre classification is better these days I will find out soon.

It would have been nice to get a warning from apple...

Thanks for your replies, if there is anything else you can share it will be much appreciated.

Best

-m

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2018 6:35 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi,

Not smart playlists, manually created carefully selecting songs, drag and drop kind a process that takes time and love...

"So if some conditions do not work" I could assume mine is a lost cause...

As an example Latin music has many genres, but apple would classify most songs under "latin" or "world" music, I have manually changed and renamed genres in my library.

Some albums in my library come from digitizing CDs some very old ones, Jazz, Blues, not just Latin, and in many cases I actually had to manually input song and artist info.

My playlists have (had) a little of everything, songs purchased from apple, and others from CDs etc...

I have been using Spotify for years now, so if genre classification is better these days I will find out soon.

It would have been nice to get a warning from apple...

Thanks for your replies, if there is anything else you can share it will be much appreciated.

Best

-m

Mar 25, 2018 3:30 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

This information is helpful, but it does not address the issue I am having.

Apple Music has uploaded & matched all songs in my library, however I am still missing songs from playlists that I had created before joining apple music, I am also missing playlists. The songs missing in the playlists exist in my library (matched/uploaded). My computer is authorized to play this songs (legit songs)...

It does not seem like iCloud music is processing anything else on iTunes at this point, as far as I know all songs in my library have been "processed"...

Am I missing something?

All the best,

-m

Missing songs from my iTunes playlist after subscribing to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.