Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Speakerphone

I have an Apple MacBook Pro as well as an iPhone X; I can receive and send cell calls from either my MacBook Pro or iPhone X; can I also use the HomePod as a speakerphone for these calls?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 11:34 AM

Thanks for the reference, that works but it needs to be done for each call -- cumbersome. What I was looking for was a means of using HomePod as a speakerphone when answering or making calls on my MacBook Pro. I tried selecting the HomePod as the Output Device in "System Preferences">"Sound" but that does not work with calls, or at least it did not for me. Ideally, a setting should be able to be selected so the HomePod is the default device for answering or making calls on a MacBook Pro (through your iPhone.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2018 11:34 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the reference, that works but it needs to be done for each call -- cumbersome. What I was looking for was a means of using HomePod as a speakerphone when answering or making calls on my MacBook Pro. I tried selecting the HomePod as the Output Device in "System Preferences">"Sound" but that does not work with calls, or at least it did not for me. Ideally, a setting should be able to be selected so the HomePod is the default device for answering or making calls on a MacBook Pro (through your iPhone.)

HomePod Speakerphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.