Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck on enter passcode screen and will not respond

My iPad was working fine and I was watching YouTube the iPad froze and asked me to enter my WiFi info. It would accept the password so I tried to restart it and it is now frozen on the “enter passcode” screen. I can’t enter the passcode and it just repeats the numbers as I press them. I tried to connect to iTunes but the iPad won’t let me allow access to it visa iTunes. What should I do?

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 10:48 AM

Hello riccifromsmith,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to enter your passcode on the Lock Screen of your iPad, even after trying to connect your iPad to iTunes. At this point, we would like you to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data. Please follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2018 10:48 AM in response to riccifromsmith

Hello riccifromsmith,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to enter your passcode on the Lock Screen of your iPad, even after trying to connect your iPad to iTunes. At this point, we would like you to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data. Please follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!

iPad stuck on enter passcode screen and will not respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.