Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro early 2013 retina model. I wish to charge it with a 12volt charger. Is there a safe one available

i need a 12 volt charger for my MacBook Pro 15" early 2013 retina model. Where can I buy one.

iMovie '08, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 1:44 PM

Consider getting an inverter. They convert the 12v in your car up to 110v/220v (depending on which country you live in) and plug in your charger there. Most stores that sells automotive products has that.

8 replies

Mar 26, 2018 2:49 PM in response to cheekyricho

If it's this model, it would only use MagSafe 2. I wouldn't trust anything except Apple OEM.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) - Technical Specifications

If you're asking how to charge it with a lighter adapter (Bob's question) then you'll need an DC to AC power "inverter" to provide AC to your MagSafe 2 power adapter. Preferably something with at least a 200W rating.

Mar 26, 2018 3:31 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I wish to buy a car charger/cigarette type charger with a MagSafe 2 connector at the other end. We are travelling In a camper and an inverter uses too much power. I also left my MagSafe 2 240v power cord at home by mistake do I would have to buy another one to use an i better. I was hoping there would be a 12v power cable available. Thank you for you helpful reply to me.

Mar 26, 2018 3:36 PM in response to y_p_w

Thank you for your reply. We are in a solar powered camper and our inverter used too much power as we have had a few rainy days and the solar isn't charging the batteries. Plus I left my 240v charger at home by mistake and if I have to buy another one I would prefer to buy a safe 12v one as it would be more versatile for my travel needs.

Thank you for your reply to me.

I have a MacBook Pro early 2013 retina model. I wish to charge it with a 12volt charger. Is there a safe one available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.