Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can my husband and I both upload our photos to our MacBook Pro from two different iPhones and have the photos be in the same iPhoto file?

We have a brand new MacBook Pro and need to be able to upload all our photos from both phones going forward to the same computer so we can see everything under the same user. We don't want the photos on the cloud. I am strictly trying to figure out how to get them in the same place in iPhoto. Is this possible?

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 10:00 AM

1 - choosing to use iPhoto is a bad decision, it was discontinued over three years ago - you should learn and us Photos, the new photo organizer

2 - make sure that iCloud Photo Library is disabled on all IOS devices and either use MyPhotoStream with the same Apple ID or use USB direct import from the photos to iPjoto (or preferably Photos)

LN

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2018 10:00 AM in response to shuslig

1 - choosing to use iPhoto is a bad decision, it was discontinued over three years ago - you should learn and us Photos, the new photo organizer

2 - make sure that iCloud Photo Library is disabled on all IOS devices and either use MyPhotoStream with the same Apple ID or use USB direct import from the photos to iPjoto (or preferably Photos)

LN

Mar 27, 2018 10:02 AM in response to shuslig

We have a brand new MacBook Pro and need to be able to upload all our photos from both phones going forward to the same computer so we can see everything under the same user.

Why do you not want to use separate user account on your Mac? If you are sharing one account on the Mac, you cannot have separate calendars, contacts, mail, etc on the Mac.

You can share an iPhoto Library or Photos Library between user accounts, if it is kept in a separate partition of the internal drive or on an external drive: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

How can my husband and I both upload our photos to our MacBook Pro from two different iPhones and have the photos be in the same iPhoto file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.