Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my speaker muffle

after the last update my MacBook speaker has muffle sound and hard to hear anything

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 9:31 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2018 12:49 PM in response to TC0

Hey there, TC0!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you're having some issues with the audio from the built-in speakers on your MacBook Pro. More specifically, the audio seems muffled, and generally it's difficult to hear. I'm happy to help!

First, make sure there isn't anything blocking your speakers, like a case you have on your computer, or any debris. As long as that's clear, I would recommend first restarting your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support . If your speakers still are giving you some trouble, the next thing I would recommend would be to reset the computer's NVRAM, which controls some of your volume settings: How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support .

Should you still have some trouble after that, see how the speakers sound in a new user account. The following article will explain why this can be helpful, and how to set up a new user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support .

Have a great day!

my speaker muffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.