Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s not compatible with Tracfone

I just bought an iPhone 5s, model 1533, unlocked, CDMA, & GSM to use as a Tracfone. I bought a SIM from them & today they tell me it's not compatible with their network. Can somebody tell me why it won't work please? I can not get past the setup to see any of the information, IMEI, or anything. Any ideas on how to get past that so I could turn it into an iPod if I have to?

Thanks,

Steve

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 5:57 PM

10 replies

Mar 28, 2018 5:58 AM in response to KiltedTim

When I turn it on it says Hello,Hallo,../Choose your language/Select your country/Quick Start/Set Up Manually....

If you press Home after you get to that point it says Sim not supported. Sort of makes sense because it wanted activated.

I got an email last night from the guy I bought it from said it was originally an AT&T phone.

Thank you very much,

Steve

Mar 28, 2018 6:02 AM in response to Lyssa

I bought it from eBay, a guy in California. He told me last night it was an AT&T phone originally. I spent almost 3 hrs on the phone with Tracfone yesterday so that are no help. After talking with 6-7 people who all had the same approach, what they read off their screens, I figured I needed a new approach.

Thank you so much,

Steve

Apr 5, 2018 1:39 PM in response to KiltedTim

Your instructions are about the same as AT&T told me to do, which I did with a Verizon compatible SIM from Tracfone. As soon as I put it in it started doing everything right until the last step, activating the SIM & change from my old phone. The Tracfone lady told me I could only use a GSM card (AT&T or T-Mobile) because Verizon was CDMA & wouldn't work.. The 1533 is supposed to both so I figured it should work with that SIM. It seemed to get right up to the fence & only needed TF to activate the card but she said it has to be AT&T type card since it was an AT&T phone. Verizon would be a much better choice for me because there are no T-Mobile or AT&T coverage in our neck of the woods. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Steve

iPhone 5s not compatible with Tracfone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.