Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone X "Green line of death" but no proof of purchase.

Hi guys

I recently got a new iphone X 256gb space grey from overseas, I activated the phone but hadnt even start using it properly as I'm still busy using my old iPhone 6.

Then Iast night I got this green line on the left of the screen. Which I tried to get rid of it by restarting phone but was not success.

Did some online search and says that a bunch of unlucky people had this issue with their OLED of the phone. And can be replaced by apple with a new one.

Now problem is....I don't have the proof of purchase, as this was bought overseas by a friend.

I did some search online with the serial number and its still within 1 year warranty but just don't have the phone Box or proof of purchase.

Can one still take the defect phone into any iStore and get it replaced??

I really really hope Apple is able to assist.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 10:20 PM

Warranty restriction! - http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html - "IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE. Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device." <-- The warranty does not outright deny warranty coverage in other countries but there are many limitations to the effect they almost certainly will refuse to do repairs under warranty or even repairs at all except where you bought it. The phone would almost certainly have to be sent to a friend in the country of purchase to handle any repair claims because Apple will not handle international shipping.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2018 10:20 PM in response to MiaZhou

Warranty restriction! - http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html - "IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE. Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device." <-- The warranty does not outright deny warranty coverage in other countries but there are many limitations to the effect they almost certainly will refuse to do repairs under warranty or even repairs at all except where you bought it. The phone would almost certainly have to be sent to a friend in the country of purchase to handle any repair claims because Apple will not handle international shipping.

New iPhone X "Green line of death" but no proof of purchase.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.