Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 11.3 disables screen recording with apple music

I can’t seem to screen record and hear audio with the Apple Music App, did Apple remove this feature in iOS11.3 ???

Posted on Mar 30, 2018 8:18 PM

32 replies

Apr 22, 2018 6:34 AM in response to joseph188

Not the answer, but a good work around

DL - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/media-monster-record-tunes/id876314777?mt=8

Then record the song desired Song Track (and Save)

Then screen record your song that you desire from Apple music ..(save it)

Then add the two Files into iMovie or videoshop APP

Add the movie from the recorded Apple music track, then add the clip that was made from Media monster app. Extract the Audio part from the media monster app , then delete the video part of the clip. Add the video with the audio together- then save clip to photos allbum.

May 1, 2018 7:18 PM in response to joseph188

Thanks for asking this - I have been looking for this for a while. I noticed that mine stopped recording my Apple Music App a week or so ago. I also pay for Apple Music, so it's definitely annoying. Hopefully they give us this ability back, because, like many people on tis thread, I also would consider switching to Spotify. There is something annoying about paying for a service and then being told how I can and can't use it.

May 11, 2018 3:03 PM in response to subnaught

No it’s not piracy, only if the media is being sold or distributed for profit. I work in the legal field of the music industry and using a 30 second clip of an audio for social media is NOT media piracy. And people have a purchased Apple Music account, which monetizes the songs that they are trying to play for recording anyway.

Apple probably did this to PREVENT people from selling/giving out a FULL song through text, email, messengers, etc.

So stop trying to tell other people what they can do and calling them pirates for social media if it doesn’t affect the copyright holder (i.e. the artist, publisher, etc.) Especially if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

May 12, 2018 3:37 PM in response to Kelseyfro

I hardly think getting a 30 second clip of a song to add to an Instagram

Regardless of your point of view, it is illegal. Period. Not debatable.

Without permission from the music creator, this is illegal. You do not have the right to synchronize commercial music with pictures and create video clips.

See >>> Synchronization Rights – Entertainment Law

May 12, 2018 3:43 PM in response to SirNeezy

using a 30 second clip of an audio for social media is NOT media piracy.

Syncing music with images is.

Without permission from the music creator, this is illegal. You do not have the right to synchronize commercial music with pictures and create video clips. That they disappear in 24 hours is moot.

See >>> Synchronization Rights – Entertainment Law

And people have a purchased Apple Music account, which monetizes the songs that they are trying to play for recording anyway.

You clearly know nothing about licensing.

You do not purchase an Apple Music account, you subscribe to one and accept limits for using the music. One of them is not right to redistribute the music.

if it doesn’t affect the copyright holder (i.e. the artist, publisher, etc.)

Seriously? You can't possibly work in the music industry with that mindset and belief.

Especially if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Et tu?

May 14, 2018 1:24 AM in response to joseph188

Yes. I talked to an Apple support member and they said it because of Licensing/copy rights. People can record music and turn it into a music file. I guess they don’t people to pirate songs. It must of been a hidden apple update feature, which I regret updating on my new phone. Thankfully I can still do it in my older iPhone. Good luck!

Jun 16, 2018 3:56 AM in response to a.boudaouara

I am trying to screen record an issue with my security camera to share with the support area for the device and since the 11.3 upgrade it won’t work. I used to film clips of my app to demo it for others. Those were two great use cases and now I can’t do it. What good is a screen recorder if it won’t let you record a screen?????I sure hope this is a bug to be fixed, because ii am not a pirate of anything and this is a loss for users.

ios 11.3 disables screen recording with apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.