Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't remove database website data. It comes back.

"Database" website data from HomeDepot.com and HomeAdvisor.com reappears after repeatedly (3+ times) removing using Manage Website Data in Safari (11.1) preferences on my MacBook Pro. I know some website data is stored in multiple places, but these keep coming back immediately. How can I remove them?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 9:07 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2018 12:33 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

The website data type "databases" from 2 specific well-known .com web sites that I couldn't remove from Safari after repeatedly using the "Remove" button under Manage Website Data disappeared after deleting all browsing history. The remove button removed all website data types (cookies, local storage, cache, etc) including databases that had been placed by other web sites.

Apr 1, 2018 10:18 AM in response to rockjockinaz

If you are still having problems or for future reference, as the 2nd article points out, they are capable of regenerating after deletion with files that go to many parts of the system.

Safari/Browsers – can’t delete cookies

Evercookie

The myth of the dangerous cookie

Quit Safari.

In Finder go to Go menu and then Go to Folder.

Copy and paste this ~/Library/Safari/Databases.

Delete the contents of the folder.

Launch Safari again and check if all is ok.

If that doesn’t work, copy and paste this ~/Library/Safari/LocalStorage.

Delete the contents of the folder.

Then go to Safari/History and delete any entries for the related websites.

Test.

can't remove database website data. It comes back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.