Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not available on Microsoft Store

Why hasn't iTunes been released to the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 S users or users in S mode? When will the the UWP Desktop Bridge version be released to the Microsoft Store?

null-OTHER, Windows 10, null

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 1:06 PM

It should be exactly the same code as that downloaded directly from Apple's website. Occasionally users may have connectivity issues with either version. See iOS device not showing in iTunes for Windows if required.

See also Move your iTunes library to a new computer.

tt2

8 replies

Mar 31, 2018 3:01 PM in response to Keith Weisshar

To add to the comments made by Carolyn and Phil0124, I believe it is possible to upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro (for a cost). It's one-way, if you upgrade, you cannot go back to the Windows 10 S.

iTunes is not the only application that cannot be run on Windows 10 S and I suspect those applications too, will also never have a version written for Windows 10 S.

May 29, 2018 9:09 AM in response to jimbob5941

Reading the comments / reviews in the Windows App Store, it appears to be essentially the same thing as the regular download. Even down to the device sync options and its sluggishness. So no real difference.

Get iTunes - Microsoft Store

It is the full iTunes versions only now distributed through the store rather than Apple's website.

Jun 5, 2018 9:13 AM in response to turingtest2

Ok ... I finally found time to get the job done today.

My old laptop was stolen, which made the process of setting things up a little harder.

But ... using tt2's amazing guides I was able to migrate my data, install iTunes from the Microsoft store and everything (including Outlook 2010 32-bit Contact and Calendar sync) seems to be working.

I only noticed two small things:

When you download iTunes thru the Microsoft store it apparently sets you up with an iTunes ID that is registered with the same credentials (or similar) to your store login....

So now you have two accounts in iTunes...

I logged in with my "old acct" and when I sync-ed I clicked the "Merge IDs" button and it went OK

The only other thing I noticed is that the folder location of the local backup that iTunes makes has moved ... maybe that's a Microsoft thing or maybe that's due to upgrading to a newer version of iTunes but anyway the backup is here now:

C:\Users\<user-name>\Apple\MobileSync\Backup

Thanks once again to tt2 for saving my bacon!

Jim

iTunes not available on Microsoft Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.