Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch stuck on Apple logo after OS 4.3 update

Apple Watch currently stuck on Apple logo after OS 4.3 update

Posted on Apr 1, 2018 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 8:49 AM

Good morning EddieC197601!

It sounds like you’re having some trouble with your Apple Watch, and after updating it’s stuck on the Apple logo. I’ll be happy to help out.

Here’s a great resource that explains what might be happening with your Apple Watch. While it’s for other iOS devices, the information here still applies: Apple logo with progress bar after updating or restoring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you don’t see a progress bar, or if the progress bar never moves, then go ahead and try force restarting your Apple Watch. Here’s the steps: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep us updated. Take care!

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2018 8:49 AM in response to EddieC197601

Good morning EddieC197601!

It sounds like you’re having some trouble with your Apple Watch, and after updating it’s stuck on the Apple logo. I’ll be happy to help out.

Here’s a great resource that explains what might be happening with your Apple Watch. While it’s for other iOS devices, the information here still applies: Apple logo with progress bar after updating or restoring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you don’t see a progress bar, or if the progress bar never moves, then go ahead and try force restarting your Apple Watch. Here’s the steps: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep us updated. Take care!

Apr 14, 2018 12:31 AM in response to brenden dv

Got the same problem and it is getting pretty annoying. Every day when I try to wake up my Apple Watch (series 3, watchOS 4.3) it gets stuck and I have to perform a hard reset. Today even that did not help and I had to try it multiple times before apple watch came up.

I think that I will not put them into battery saving mode until an update is issued. Any clue when that might be coming?

Thanks!

May 9, 2018 9:17 PM in response to EddieC197601

For me, all suggestions did not work:

- try several restarts (I have to wait just 4 seconds when the apple logo did re-appear - not at least 10? weird...)

- place watch near iPhone

What does it mean: erase all contents? This means: the watch have to come back first (restart normal), doesn't it?

Apple Watch first generation, Watch OS 4.3

[edit] after at least 25 restarts the watch did come back in battery save mode (German: Gangreserve). It seems that the watch was not able to load the battery when in this error mode (it should have load during the whole night).

Does this mean: the watch has at first to be restarted before it is able to load the battery?

Jun 5, 2018 9:45 PM in response to EddieC197601

Hey Eddie,

I was with the same problem right now. I find this post and just solved the problem:

If you experienced this bug on your Apple Watch, you can usually get it off of the Apple logo screen by using the Find My Apple Watch feature in the Watch app on your iPhone.

Open the Watch app and tap on the My Watch tab. Then, tap on the name of your Apple Watch at the top of this menu. Tap the information button (look for the “i” in a circle), then tap Find My Apple Watch.

After tapping Find My Apple Watch, you’ll be prompted to log into Find My iPhone using your Apple ID. Next, tap on your Apple Watch in the list of your devices.

Finally, tap Actions -> Play Sound. After playing a ringing sound, your Apple Watch should no longer be stuck on the Apple logo. You may have to tap Play Sound more than once for this step to work.

I just done the steps above and voi lá!

Here is the complete post link: https://www.payetteforward.com/apple-watch-stuck-apple-logo-heres-fix/

I hope it helps everyone who's still having the same problem.

Apple Watch stuck on Apple logo after OS 4.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.