Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Military Discount

Greetings:

I am interested in purchasing several items from the Apple 'refurbished' inventory. My question is would a 'Military Discount' be applied to such a purchase? An expeditious response would be much appreciated.

Respectfully,

Chaplain
U.S. Navy

Pwr G4, Mac OS X (10.4.8), Refurbished

Posted on Jan 28, 2007 4:24 PM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2007 5:24 PM in response to Chaplain

Welcome to Apple Discussions

I don't know about the military discount, but I do know that the education & employee purchase plan discounts do not apply to the refurbished items on the special deals page. Usually, the prices on that page are less that you'd pay for the same or comparable items with the applicable discount.

I bought my MacBook Pro refurbished because it was $300 less than the EPP discounted price for almost the same computer & $500 off the non-discounted. The only difference was a 2.0 GHz vs 2.16 GHz processor - not worth $300 for me!

You can call the Apple Store to find out for sure.

User uploaded file

Jan 29, 2007 12:10 PM in response to Chaplain

You can try looking here for new Apple products, discounted for service in the military -- http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/BEPPStore?qprm=215300 -- my quick read is that Peggy's right: the military discount seems not to apply to refurbished products, which appear to have their own pricing structure independent of any other discount that might otherwise apply.

Best bet would just be to call Apple, if you're able to, and ask directly.

Military Discount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.