📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I insert the greek letter delta that looks like a triangle?

I want to insert a symbol that used to be in the equation editor, so I figured I could use "insert equation." But instead I am told I need to use LaTex or Math something or other. Why was Equation Editor gotten rid of and how can I simple insert a greek letter delta, the one that looks like a triangle?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), iWorks 08

Posted on Apr 2, 2018 10:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2018 10:13 AM

Press the Option and J keys, or copy and paste ∆, or choose Utilities from the Finder’s Go menu, open the Script Editor, and run 'character id 8710’ without the quotes.

(159268)

5 replies

Apr 2, 2018 12:27 PM in response to cjonesfly

In Pages v6.1 or later, you can press option+command+E to open the built-in Equation editor, and you enter the Greek Delta (Δ) character as the LaTeX construct:

\Delta

There has been no built-in equation editor in Pages '09 through v6.0. One uses Design Science's MathType that can integrate with the Pages Insert menu. One can still use MathType, instead of the built-in equation editor in Pages v6.1 (or later) with a slight change in the Pages Preferences : General panel.

How do I insert the greek letter delta that looks like a triangle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.