Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer print from my iPhone how do i get my iPhone to recognize my printer again

with some updates my iphone no longer recognizes my air printer. States no air printer found. How do I get my iPhone to recognize the pronter

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2018 8:54 AM

Hi Janice,

I understand that you're no longer able to print from your iPhone using AirPrint. I'd like to help you get this resolved.

Before you begin, please ensure that your printer is compatible with AirPrint. The following article will provide you with a full compatibility list:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Once you have verified your printer's compatibility with AirPrint, please take a look at the guidance below:

If your printer is AirPrint-enabled

If your printer is AirPrint-enabled for printing from your Mac or iOS device, just make sure that it's connected to the same Wi-Fi network used by the Mac or iOS device.1

If you still can't print, try any of these solutions:

• Restart your Wi-Fi router. Then restart your printer.
  • Move your printer closer to your Wi-Fi router.
  • Update your printer and Wi-Fi router with the latest firmware from the manufacturer.2
  • Update the software for your Mac or iOS device.

If you're using a Mac and you still can't print, it might help to reset the printing system. Otherwise, contact the printer manufacturer for support.

If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support
Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2018 8:54 AM in response to Community User

Hi Janice,

I understand that you're no longer able to print from your iPhone using AirPrint. I'd like to help you get this resolved.

Before you begin, please ensure that your printer is compatible with AirPrint. The following article will provide you with a full compatibility list:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Once you have verified your printer's compatibility with AirPrint, please take a look at the guidance below:

If your printer is AirPrint-enabled

If your printer is AirPrint-enabled for printing from your Mac or iOS device, just make sure that it's connected to the same Wi-Fi network used by the Mac or iOS device.1

If you still can't print, try any of these solutions:

• Restart your Wi-Fi router. Then restart your printer.
  • Move your printer closer to your Wi-Fi router.
  • Update your printer and Wi-Fi router with the latest firmware from the manufacturer.2
  • Update the software for your Mac or iOS device.

If you're using a Mac and you still can't print, it might help to reset the printing system. Otherwise, contact the printer manufacturer for support.

If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support
Take care.

I can no longer print from my iPhone how do i get my iPhone to recognize my printer again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.