Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up new Apple ID

Hi I set up my mothers phone using an old email address I had but that email doesn't seem to be working anymore and I have forgotten the password to log into her iCloud. Is there anyway of changing the email to her one or would I have to reset the phone?

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 1:37 PM

I would recommend that you first try to recover the password as described in If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

and then if you want to change the email that she uses as her Apple ID, see: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You cannot simply reset the phone as it is activation locked to the Apple ID that she is currently using. See: Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2018 1:37 PM in response to georginafromcastlebar

I would recommend that you first try to recover the password as described in If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

and then if you want to change the email that she uses as her Apple ID, see: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You cannot simply reset the phone as it is activation locked to the Apple ID that she is currently using. See: Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Setting up new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.