Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I open old Apple Works Docs in OSX 10.13?

This is a two part question:

1.)I have hundreds of old AppleWorks and ClarisWorks docs. The icon shows a black square with a green EXEC in the upper right-hand corner. Is there an application that runs in High Sierra that can open these documents?

2.) I also have an old iMac running 10.6. I want to upgrade to High Sierra but don't want to lose all the AppleWorks docs. Is there an easy way to batch convert AppleWorks to Pages?

Thank you, Apple community.

Ed

Posted on Apr 7, 2018 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2018 7:09 PM

Hi Ed,

"Not quite sure how to use the scripts, I guess I have to be running AW to use them? Anyway, Thanks again, you made my day."

Running th scripts was pretty easy, and as I recall, Yvan provided instructions in the comment lines at the beginning of most of his scripts. But your guess is correct—you had to have AppleWorks running to use this one.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2018 7:09 PM in response to Ed Colman

Hi Ed,

"Not quite sure how to use the scripts, I guess I have to be running AW to use them? Anyway, Thanks again, you made my day."

Running th scripts was pretty easy, and as I recall, Yvan provided instructions in the comment lines at the beginning of most of his scripts. But your guess is correct—you had to have AppleWorks running to use this one.

Regards,

Barry

Apr 7, 2018 6:06 PM in response to Ed Colman

For #1 - Try LibreOffice. It can open many, but not all, types of AppleWorks & ClarisWorks documents. You can then save the files in a more universally compatible format.

For #2 - A former user here, Yvan Koenig, wrote quite a few AppleScripts for use with AppleWorks. Several of them are for converting AppleWorks files to iWork files. You can take a look through his scripts on his Box.com account.

How can I open old Apple Works Docs in OSX 10.13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.