Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost notes latest update

I just lost all my notes from 2016 when I installed the latest update today. How do I recover them?

Posted on Apr 8, 2018 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 2:41 PM

Hi samanthafromwells,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like notes are missing from the Notes app after updating iOS. I'm happy to suggest some possibilities for recovering them.

Are you using iCloud to sync your notes? First, make sure the account is still enabled in settings. From Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch :

To set up Notes with iCloud, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on Notes.

You can also check iCloud.com for your missing notes-- iCloud: View notes in iCloud .

If you were using a different kind of internet account to sync notes, make sure the account is still enabled in Settings > Accounts & Passwords.

On the other hand, if the notes were only stored on your iPhone, you may need to recover them from a backup. See Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup .

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2018 2:41 PM in response to samanthafromwells

Hi samanthafromwells,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like notes are missing from the Notes app after updating iOS. I'm happy to suggest some possibilities for recovering them.

Are you using iCloud to sync your notes? First, make sure the account is still enabled in settings. From Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch :

To set up Notes with iCloud, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on Notes.

You can also check iCloud.com for your missing notes-- iCloud: View notes in iCloud .

If you were using a different kind of internet account to sync notes, make sure the account is still enabled in Settings > Accounts & Passwords.

On the other hand, if the notes were only stored on your iPhone, you may need to recover them from a backup. See Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup .

Best Regards.

Lost notes latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.