Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long will apple support the 5s

I have a 5s. I like its size. I know there is a 5SE too. I am thinking of upgrading but was wondering if the SE would soon be phased out too. I do not want to upgrade to a pone that will soon be phased out. Will apple be introducing a new phone in the same size?

iPhone 5, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 6:19 AM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2018 6:43 AM in response to Duft51d

Apple will announce new products and end of life for older ones when they see fit to. Nobody here will know anything until Apple publicly announces it.

Since the 5s is a 64-bit device supporting iOS 11, theres no reason people won’t be using it for quite some time yet.

Hardware support is available for at least 5 years after a product goes out of production - Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

Apr 9, 2018 6:25 AM in response to Duft51d

None of us on this forum work for Apple, so no one can give you a definitive answer. You can google the SE and see all sorts of articles about a possible replacement coming soon, but nothing has been confirmed by Apple. As to how long the 5S will be supported, if history repeats itself, we're coming up on 5 years with iPhone 5S, so one would not expect support to last much longer.

How long will apple support the 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.