Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playlists when finished start again

After I updated to iOS 11.3 I found when my playlist songs finish, instead of stopping, it goes back to the first song and starts playing the list again. Before it would just stop which is what I need. I thought there was a way to choose, but I cannot find. Any ideas? I have a 6S iPhone.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2018 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2018 11:31 AM

Hello Charles Palenz,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after the last song is played on a playlist, the music continues to the first song in the playlist rather than stopping. I can see how this could be a bit confusing as this didn't occur before. I'm happy to help.

I recommend checking to see if Repeat is on for your playlist. This feature will allow you to repeat a playlist or a specific song. Please review the steps and information below:

Repeat songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file once to turn on repeat for an entire playlist or album. Tap User uploaded file again to turn on repeat for one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.

If repeat is on, you'll see User uploaded file or User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Have a wonderful day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2018 11:31 AM in response to Charles Palenz

Hello Charles Palenz,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after the last song is played on a playlist, the music continues to the first song in the playlist rather than stopping. I can see how this could be a bit confusing as this didn't occur before. I'm happy to help.

I recommend checking to see if Repeat is on for your playlist. This feature will allow you to repeat a playlist or a specific song. Please review the steps and information below:

Repeat songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file once to turn on repeat for an entire playlist or album. Tap User uploaded file again to turn on repeat for one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.

If repeat is on, you'll see User uploaded file or User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.

Play, repeat, and shuffle music

Have a wonderful day!

Apr 11, 2018 12:30 PM in response to chris_g1

Thank you! I never swiped right to left and so never saw the repeat button. It was on. How it got on is a complete mystery to me. I carry the phone in my pants pocket and often when I bring out to check email or something else, I find the phone has put itself in calendar, or some other app, sometimes pretty far in, seemingly all by itself. I don't use pass-code and wonder if bumping in my pocket it comes on and subsequent activity causes screen activity without my fingers. I did select solved for your credit. Thank you. Thank you!

playlists when finished start again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.