Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autofill passwords not inserted since OS11.3

Autofill usernames and passwords in Safari worked fine until I upgraded the OS to Version 11.3.

Now nothing gets filled in but all my saved details for sites visited still remain visible in “Accounts and Passwords”.

What is going on, Apple? Please issue a fix as it has happened with two iPads and one iPhone I own following OS update to Version 11.3, so it is clearly an OS issue will 11.3.

Thanks for help.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2018 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2018 2:38 PM

Eric, you are brilliant! I had not noticed the word “passwords” at the top of the keyboard. While not quite as convenient as the previous autofil system, at least I don’t have to laboriously type all my passwords in.

Many thanks for your help - I am happy once again!

Chris

8 replies

Apr 12, 2018 10:08 PM in response to SmoothieChris

Thanks so much! I called Apple Support yesterday and they told me that this was a new security measure with the os11.3 update, and autofill for passwords was now gone. I always use a Logitech keyboard cover and I can access the ipad keyboard for the auto fill feature by pressing the keyboard key at the top of my Logitech keyboard cover. I am a happy camper again. Muchos Gracias!!

Apr 12, 2018 11:12 PM in response to edwardfromcotati

Glad you are happy too now, Edward! I too had a Support phone session booked about this, but cancelled it when Eric (above) solved my problem.

With so many users using Autofill, it’s a shame Apple couldn’t have kept us better informed about this change before version 11,3 was released.

I still haven’t discovered if the method of saving usernames and passwords remains the same.

Chris

Apr 13, 2018 12:28 AM in response to SmoothieChris

Chris,

You can still save user names and passwords, provided you didn’t indicate in the past “never on this site”. But you can’t add a new user name and password on Safari in Settings, even though they still have a window to do this, the “Done” field won’t highlight so you can complete the add. And I agree, Apple should have given us this info before we installed the OS 11.3 update. I’m going to be a lot more careful about reading all the info in the future before installing an update. But thanks to Eric Ican at least use the autofill again for the passwords already saved.

Edward

Autofill passwords not inserted since OS11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.