Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the music app shuffle the songs on my iPhone 8 plus?

Why does the music app shuffle the songs on my iPhone 8 plus without my prompting? Some albums are meant to be heard in a certain order. iTunes/Music app, give me back control of my music please!!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 9:02 AM

Hey there, Scotty,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand you'd like to turn the shuffle feature off in Apple Music. I'm happy to help!

Shuffle can be turned off by swiping up on the Now Playing screen in the Music app, and tapping Shuffle, as detailed below from Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support :

Shuffle songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.

If shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.
User uploaded file

Once you've turned shuffle off, it should remain off until it is manually turned back on.

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2018 9:02 AM in response to ScottyC514

Hey there, Scotty,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand you'd like to turn the shuffle feature off in Apple Music. I'm happy to help!

Shuffle can be turned off by swiping up on the Now Playing screen in the Music app, and tapping Shuffle, as detailed below from Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support :

Shuffle songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.

If shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file.
User uploaded file

Once you've turned shuffle off, it should remain off until it is manually turned back on.

Cheers!

Why does the music app shuffle the songs on my iPhone 8 plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.