Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

128 bit password confusion

Hi!
I have created a network with my airport express and I have entered an ASCII (8 letters - numbers) password with WEP 128 encryption.
When I access the setting of my network I can see a long string of dots in the place of the password. I guess this is the hex version of my 128 bit encrypted password.
Is there a way to know what these dots are in hex code in order to get my PSP to join the network?
Thanks a lot.

MacBook 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Jan 29, 2007 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2007 9:22 PM

When the password for your encrypted AirPort network is transmitted, it is converted to an encryption key that looks different from the plain language in which you typed it. This encryption key is in hexadecimal format, and it is also known as an equivalent network password. Check out the following Apple article on how to find the equivalent network password so that you can provide it to your PSP.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2007 9:22 PM in response to c_kyr

When the password for your encrypted AirPort network is transmitted, it is converted to an encryption key that looks different from the plain language in which you typed it. This encryption key is in hexadecimal format, and it is also known as an equivalent network password. Check out the following Apple article on how to find the equivalent network password so that you can provide it to your PSP.

128 bit password confusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.