Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

128 bit password confusion

177 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 29, 2007 9:22 PM by Tesserax RSS
c_kyr Level 2 Level 2 (235 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 29, 2007 9:05 PM
Hi!
I have created a network with my airport express and I have entered an ASCII (8 letters - numbers) password with WEP 128 encryption.
When I access the setting of my network I can see a long string of dots in the place of the password. I guess this is the hex version of my 128 bit encrypted password.
Is there a way to know what these dots are in hex code in order to get my PSP to join the network?
Thanks a lot.
MacBook 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.8)
  • Tesserax Level 8 Level 8 (47,575 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2007 9:22 PM (in response to c_kyr)
    When the password for your encrypted AirPort network is transmitted, it is converted to an encryption key that looks different from the plain language in which you typed it. This encryption key is in hexadecimal format, and it is also known as an equivalent network password. Check out the following Apple article on how to find the equivalent network password so that you can provide it to your PSP.
    Mac Mini Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.8), 1.66 GHz 1 GB RAM 100 GB HD

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.